Thursday, October 6, 2011

Many Hats

Greetings from the desk of the woman with many hats.  As though I am not already wearing enough of them I added one to my head this week with the opening of my online board game store (which I hope you will take a look at) http://rebeccafanshier.simplyfun.com/.  It is a perfect fit for our family.

As you know I am PTSA president this year and it is quite gratifying to see all we have laid out for the year and to know I have a good team helping to make it all happen.  Our big one is our first ever Spartan Carnival.  It is such a cool feeling to know I am part of creating a new tradition for our school and our community.   It is all falling into place so nicely and that puts a smile on my face.

As PTSA president there are lots of meetings to go to and sometimes my boy must come with me.  I was nervous about going to the luncheon with the Superintendent, Mr. Bush, this past Wednesday with two year old in tow.  But I came prepared with food I knew he could eat, coloring and of course cars.  I explained to Jasz that while we were eating he could make as much noise as he wanted, but when the grown-ups got quiet he needed to also.  He said okay but I held little hope.  Boy was I wrong.  As soon as the meeting got underway, he quieted down and entertained himself.  I had to leave early because the girls had a half day.  My Council president e-mailed me today, because she knew i would be happy to hear, that after I left Mr. Bush told the whole room how impressed he was with my boy! What a compliment.  It was nice to know it wasn't just my own motherly pride, others saw it too.

I for the first time got to volunteer in the K-2 classroom.  It was so much fun and it was so nice to see the smile on Alina's face and her pride that her momma came to help. It was all possible due to a good friend who watched Jasz so I could go. 

I have realized lately just how lucky I am in the friends I have.  We have some really good friends who are there for us when we need them.   In fact, some are helping us next week while we take Jasz to Stanford.   They pray for us, cry with us and laugh with us...we have been blessed indeed!!

So thanks to all who help me wear so many hats!!

No comments:

Post a Comment