Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Special Fried Chicken

So ever since I watched The Help on Sunday I have been craving fried chicken. I had a barrier though in my not eating grains right now. So I created a version that to me was good, not sure if it was a hit with the family though. Perhaps a different nut...I used praline's but almond would be better. Perhaps I've been watching too many cooking shows but I think the ginger was a nice contrast to the Coconut that gives a little bite in the end.

Ingredients:

Boneless Skinless chicken thighs
1 egg
1/4 C Milk
1/2 C nuts of choice
1/2 C Shredded unsweetened coconut
2-3 TBSP olive Oil or Butter
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp ginger
Salt and pepper to taste


Directions:

In a food processor or chopper grind up the nuts and the coconut. Heat up oil or butter in a skillet. Meanwhile place egg and milk in a bowl beating until well mixed. Add in seasoning. In a separate bowl place the coconut nut mixture. Pound out your chicken thighs and dip each one in the egg mixture followed by the nut mixture and place in the warmed skillet. Allow to cook over med heat for about 20 minutes checking every few minutes to prevent burning and making sure it gets cooked completely through.

No comments:

Post a Comment